Monday, May 19, 2008

Dina Update!

FANTASTIC! That's the word the surgeon used to describe how Dina is doing!!!

There's no swelling, the skin looks healthy, it is healing nicely and Dina no longer seems to be in pain. Dina has been leaving the site alone and didn't seem to enjoy having the E-collar on, so they removed it, although they are watching her carefully. The bandage has been removed and she will need her stitches removed next week and some TLC.

The surgeon simply can't believe how well Dina is doing!! Looks like Dina has beat all the odds and has a bright, happy future ahead of her!


The following update was written by Dina’s Foster Mom:

Irene reported that Dina is a very sweet girl and behaved very well on her travels through Ohio. Alan and I brought her home and put her in the dog run where she promptly peed, pooped, and peed some more. She is very sweet, hand shy, and nervous. She seems marginally more comfortable with Alan, possibly because it was a female vet who did her surgery? I took a bunch of photos although it was very difficult to get any of her face. She came in a large crate with a beautifully designed extra-comfy pad that went up both sides of the crate. I moved that right to the wire crate in the kitchen which will be her special place for now. Her repaired injury and the extent of obvious skin problems is heartbreaking.

Sunday, I made Dina eat her breakfast with me sitting on the floor nearby. She had to think about it a bit but finally decided to dig in. A while later I was putting away the extra scrambled eggs made with cottage cheese and cubed ham so I offered her a piece. She backed into the back wall of her crate so I put it down. She then picked it up and ate it. A few minutes later I offered a piece in my fingers and she eventually took it!!! I wouldn't be trying to push her so fast if it weren't that she's going to need a bunch of stitches removed next week, poor baby.

Please keep Dina in your thoughts as she continues to recover from her injuries.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!