Saturday, July 12, 2008

From A Pauper To A Princess - The Journey of a Puppy Mill Dog (Update 3)

We've all followed the journey of Flopsy, also know as Rusty, from the puppy mill to her forever home thanks to her Foster Mom, Karen, one of CPCRN's foster mentors. (To read Rusty's journey from a pauper to a princess written by her Foster Mom click here.) Rusty started the next chapter of her life in January 2008 when she was adopted by her Forever Mom, Sheryl. Not only did Rusty get her chance at "happily ever after" she also got a new name! Rusty is now known as Maisie and lives with her brothers Murry and Micha. Maisie's story continues thanks to updates from her Forever Mom. (To read previous updates click here.)

2/14/08 - Happy Valentine's Day From Maisie!

Hi Foster Mom & Dad - Maisie here with lots of LUV for you ! ! ! Do you remember this picture of you and me? I've had sooooo many adventures since then - and sooooo many new friends.

Mommy Sheryl takes us for lots of walks - I've met lots of dogs at the park - some are really big but they all like me. We go in the car to get to the park and I have my own crate in the back seat, right next to Murry's so we can see each other and we can look out the windows too. My little undershirt with all the hearts is just great for keeping me extra warm under my special jacket with my name on it. Murry looks very smart in his black and white jacket.

My toes are getting lots better - I get my pills three times a day and they are always covered with something yummy, so I really like to take them.

After dinner we get bones to chew on - well, Micha doesn't because he's busy taking another nap - he really sleeps a lot - when he's not watching the birds at the bird feeder - we call it Bird TV!

At bed time Mommy Sheryl puts me and Murry up on the bed - we know not to jump down. Micha jumps up and down on his own, but that's just the way kitties are. Here is a picture of us waiting for Sheryl. Micha is so silly, when we go to sleep he gets completely under the top cover - he looks like a big lump. I sleep between Murry and Sheryl - very comfy and sometimes I even snuggle up to Murry - he's my good buddy.


When we go outside he barks a couple of times and then we run around together to make sure there are no wild animals in the yard - can't be too careful, you know. Sometimes there's frozen snow so I eat the ice - it's yummy.

I'm so happy in my new home - just this week I realized that when someone walks towards me, I don’t' have to run - that it has nothing to do with me. Sometimes Mommy Sheryl calls me "Maisie Daisy" - she says that's 'cause I'm like a flower getting ready to bloom. Thanks for taking such good care of me - luvs from Maisie - and hello to all my Cairn buddies!

To Be Continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!