Friday, August 1, 2008

From A Pauper To A Princess - The Journey of a Puppy Mill Dog (Update 6)

We've all followed the journey of Flopsy, also know as Rusty, from the puppy mill to her forever home thanks to her Foster Mom, Karen, one of CPCRN's foster mentors. (To read Rusty's journey from a pauper to a princess written by her Foster Mom click here.) Rusty started the next chapter of her life in January 2008 when she was adopted by her Forever Mom, Sheryl. Not only did Rusty get her chance at "happily ever after" she also got a new name! Rusty is now known as Maisie and lives with her brothers Murry and Micha. Maisie's story continues thanks to updates from her Forever Mom. (To read previous updates click here.)

May 07, 2008 - Maisie update from her Forever Mom

Wanted to share a 'first' with you, there are 2 puppy pillows in my office, and Maisie 'owns' the big one. Yesterday Murry decided he'd give it a try, and she decided to keep him company! They slept together for over an hour. And again today, they napped together. So sweet!


June 25, 2008
Returned to Boston and picked up The Gang of Three Sunday evening. They were all very happy to see me. When we got home I put the pups in the yard while I unloaded the car and Maisie was sooooo happy she was running up and down and Murry played some too. When we went to bed that night she bellied her way up to me (she usually sleeps at the foot of the bed) and put her little head on my tummy - she wanted to be close -I think she missed me.


Murry got sprayed by a skunk while I was away and the Pet Nanny cleaned him up but he was still wearing Eu d'Skunk so he went to the groomers yesterday. Maisie was looking for him everywhere in the house - I took her to the groomers to pick up him up and she kept sniffing him - I think to make sure it was him - he had 4 baths and then some aroma therapy - I had her nails done and she was fine with it.

I just came up to my office to get on the computer, and Murry does the stairs, but Maisie doesn't. She waited 5 minutes and then gave me a couple of very indignant barks to say - "Hey, remember me? I want to come upstairs too!" I am starting to teach her the stairs - just a few at a time.

To Be Continued ...

If you would like to help a puppy mill dog like Maisie and possibly win a great gift, check out our New Leash On Life XII!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!