Saturday, August 16, 2008

From A Pauper To A Princess - The Journey of a Puppy Mill Dog (Update 8)

We've all followed the journey of Flopsy, also know as Rusty, from the puppy mill to her forever home thanks to her Foster Mom, Karen, one of CPCRN's foster mentors. (To read Rusty's journey from a pauper to a princess written by her Foster Mom click here.) Rusty started the next chapter of her life in January 2008 when she was adopted by her Forever Mom, Sheryl. Not only did Rusty get her chance at "happily ever after" she also got a new name! Rusty is now known as Maisie and lives with her brothers Murry and Micha. Maisie's story continues thanks to updates from her Forever Mom. (To read previous updates click here.)

July 14, 2008 - Maisie update from Maisie! (With a little help from her Forever Mom.)

Hi Mommy Karen - I have lots to tell you! Where to start? I have a new 'toy' - a big blue swimming pool! I luv it. I can hop in and out whenever I go outside. Sometimes I hop in even before there's any water in it - I can be such a silly girl. Murry doesn't like to dog paddle so I have it all to myself.


We've had some new people in the house - there was a man named Jim and he was nice. He held my rope on our walks, but I had to keep an eye on him just in case he tried any funny stuff. I think he was up to something, and since he knew I was watching him, he left town a few days ago. Now it's just the usual gang and Mommy Sheryl's mommy - she speaks to me in a very soft voice and she moves kind of slow so I know I can get away from her if I have to.

Mommy Sheryl said we almost had 'Murder & Mayhem' in the front yard. Murry and I were helping with the flower garden - Mommy Sheryl crawls around and pulls up big clumps of something she calls weeds - Murry and I dig lots of holes and then we take a nap because that's hard work. Something called a squirrel decided to pay us a visit - he came down the tree and onto the grass - we chased him on to the fence and got him so confused he jumped back into the yard. We almost got him, but just in time he ran up a big tree - I jumped and jumped to get him, but he went too high for me - I can only jump up 6 feet. Let me tell you - that was really fun. I hope he comes back again. Mommy Sheryl said we were soooo fast.


On Sunday we went to a pool party and I met lots of new people. It was a little scary, but I sat under Granny's chair and then I even said hello to some people. Everything was going great until the end of the party when I decided to walk on the pool cover - how did I know it was just floating on the water? I did a couple of excellent dog paddles and since Mommy Sheryl had my leash and I had my harness, we did a quick exit. Murry misses out on all the fun.

Next weekend we are going to a really BIG party in some place called New York - Mommy Sheryl says that I'm going to have a very special surprise when we get there - I'm so excited - I love to go in the car - and we're even going to have a picnic on the way to New York -I think that's a special kind of puppy treat - yum, yum.

We'll that's it from here - I'm having a great summer.
Luv and kisses – Maisie


To Be Continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!