Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dina Says "I CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!"

Written by Dina's Foster Mom

To read previous posts on Dina click HERE.

Apparently my beautiful blonde bombshell Miss Dina Potter aka Deeny read my recent update. We talk about our fearful babies making baby steps of progress. It seems as if Dina has decided that baby steps are not sufficient. She's going for the gusto and for the big steps!

Dina used to run inside from potty trips and run right to the living room, jump onto the couch and make herself as small as she could by trying to insert herself in between the cushions and the back or side of the couch. We let her do that but occasionally we would go sit on the couch and put out an arm to give her skritches occasionally. Then she got to the point where she would nudge the hand for skritches. Then she started not being wedged tightly in the corner. Then a tad farther from the corner. NOW I will spot her right smack dab in the middle of the couch!!! :) Dare I say she also pesters anyone sitting on the couch with food to share? ;)

The last several days she has been coming to me wanting treats and is suddenly allowing me to shake her paw. She even takes her weight off the paw I choose to shake! Then I was able to scratch her head and then....reach out with my other hand and skritch with both hands at *one* time. :) That was a scary prospect because a human could *grab* when they had two hands out and I knew that's what she was afraid of.

Yesterday she let me reach very slowly and pick her up. She stayed in my lap for a while and then left BUT she did not go back on the couch. Instead she's been wandering around. :) She's been spending some time under the dining room table when Foster Dad is working there. To top it all off....she just came to me and "urrrred" at me to *tell* me to give her treats!!!!!!! Can you believe the amount of blooming she's done recently?

I've got tears in my eyes...and a lot less treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!