Saturday, May 23, 2009

Update on our Injured Cairn Boy!

Written by CP VP of Intakes

We have some good news ... and some not so good news today on our injured boy.

First the good news, his ALT dropped more than 700 points since Thursday. YIPPEE! He is starting to eat solid food and he seems much more alert and aware. All very good signs!

The bad news is that now his Albumin is a little low. Not nearly as bad as his ALT result was on Thursday, but still low enough that the surgeon isn't comfortable performing surgery just yet. Also, I haven't heard from the local rescue group today to release him to CP yet. I've called and left a message for her, so I'm hoping that she's just busy with rescuing other dogs or some holiday weekend plans.

So, the bottom line is to KEEP THE PRAYERS, POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND ENERGY COMING FOR THIS LITTLE GUY!!! He's fighting and I know he can feel our love and support, but let's not let the inner tube that is supporting him start leaking or run out of inflation. Just as soon as I know he is an official CP kid, I will let everyone know ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!