Saturday, December 12, 2009

Silk's Pups Are 2 Weeks Old!

Written by Silk's Foster Mom

We’ve had a quiet week with Silk and her pups. She continues to be a great mama, though we have noticed she is spending a little more time out back with our pack. Silk is eating like a horse, 3 to 4 times a day. We’ve gotten into a routine and she is enjoying it. I’m trying to feed Silk outside of the whelping box, occasionally she will let me win that battle. But, as long as she’s feeding her pups, she has the upper hand; and yes, Princess Silk knows that!

Spandex is still our moose puppy. At 2 weeks, he’s almost tripled his weight at 23 oz.He seems to know when I am hand feeding his mama and sniffs the bowl with a little too much interest. He has so far retained his beautiful red brindle coloring. Dex has chosen the right front corner as his bedroom, if he’s not feeding, he’s lying in his corner. He is going to have one dominant personality.

Spandex


Pique is my little lady. Except for smaller darker ears, she is her brother Corduroys twin. They look so much alike, and stay close to each other most of the time. They even flip-flop in weight, one day PK weighs more, the next Cord does. Several days they have weighed exactly the same. She now weighs 19.5 oz. PK loves to bask in the whelping box, on her back, all four legs stretched out. She has a beautiful little munchkin face. She will be one beautiful cairn when she grows up!

Pique



Corduroy loves his sister. Wherever PK is, Cord is right next to her. He’s also 19.5 ounces, and has the cutest way of trying to stand on those four stumpy feet of his! He has always been our whiner. If he can’t latch on quickly, he’s swimming and whining his way up, over, under and across his brother and sister. I tend to love on him the most; he seems to be the pup with the most need of loving. As soon as I cuddle him up to my face, he quiets down, snuggles in and is content.

Corduroy


Below are pics of my Amazing Silk and her sweet little bundles of joy. I took this last week to finish my Christmas shopping. I’m sure once these three little angels open their eyes, and start to really move on their own, I’ll have no time for anything but them!

Silk and her puppies


Dex yawning


Pique smiling


Corduroy sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!