Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Got To Call Bonnie - Col. Potter Tags reunite a cairn and it's adoptive mom

Contributed by a CP Volunteer

Note from Blogger: This weekend is CRAP, the Cairn Rescue Annual Party in Moscow Mills, Missouri. Bonnie is the person that mans our lost dog number. All of our Col. Potter rescues are assigned a tag with a unique number and it is recommended that adoptive owners keep these tags on their dogs. As you can see, it helped reunite a dog and it's owner 6 years after the adoption. It should also be noted that it is important for owners to keep their information updated including cell phone and work numbers for occasions like this.

My first day ever manning the lost dog 800 number for Bonnie while she lollygags at CRAP!

The fourth check of the messages and lo and behold we have a found cairn! I don't panic much. Seems a woman found a cairn with tag number ####, she leaves her name and telephone number! Great, now what, I got to call Bonnie! Can't, she's crappen!

I call the woman back while searching the databases for that tag #. She is not home, have to leave a message! Great, now what, I got to call Bonnie! Can't, she's crappen!

I call the owner from the database for that tag #. She is not home, have to leave a message! Great, now what, I got to call Bonnie! Can't she's crappen!

I call Cheryl P hoping she is not at work today. Drat, she's at work! I hate bothering people at work. Great, now what, I got to call Bonnie! Can't she's crappen!

I email Pam N asking that she call me, don't have her telephone number! She calls me right away and says she will post to CRM for help and suggests I try calling the women again. I call them both again but neither are home, have to leave another message! Great, now what, I got to call Bonnie! Can't she's crappen!

I call Susan M and catch her eating desert at 11 in the morning! She was able to confirm the only telephone number for the owner. Great, now what, I got to call Bonnie! Can't she's crappen!

I call Denise H and catch her cooking! She looks up the 2004 application for the owner and emails it to me. Now I call the owner's work number, nothing, leave a message. Great, now what, I got to call Bonnie! Can't she's crappen!

I call the owners mother off the application, she won't give me any details but says she'll take the information from me and pass it along. Great, now what, I got to call Bonnie! Can't she's crappen!

Just as I hang up the phone it rings, it is the owner! She has her dog and they are home. Everything is fine, smooth as....

Well you guess it, smooth as crap! Bonnie can never go away again! And no I'm not calling her, she's crappen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!