Monday, November 24, 2014

Kody Celebrates His 1st Gotcha Year!

Written by Kody fka CP IC

Kody fka CP IC, enjoying his 1st Gotcha Year!!
Hi there, it's me again, Kody!  Remember me?  When I was rescued by Col. Potter my name was “IC” and I was just a cute little puppy!  Mom and Dad officially adopted me the first week of December last year, but Mom told me my first truly significant “Gotcha Day” was November 8th.  She and Dad say that’s my special day since they went and picked me up that day!  At first I was a CP Foster, but Mom and Dad knew right away that I was already home! 

I know at times I can be a handful for Mom and Dad, but they’re OK with that!  Mom says I am a chewer… Guilty!  There is lots of evidence from my younger days to remind her, but well… I am still a puppy!  I am a highly skilled toy destroyer too, so Mom finally gave up on trying to find something I can't destroy.  Hehehehehe!


Dad and I love to play with the Teaser Pole!

Mom and Dad are pretty good at adapting, I have to say, so that’s what we all did. Now I get to play with something called a “teaser pole” that I think Dad invented.  Attached to this pole is a neat squeaker toy – without stuffing - and since my toy is tethered by a line, I can't take off and hide somewhere while I destroy it.   At first I thought “What?” but Dad knows how to make it so much fun for me to chase after it - and I usually do catch it!  I don’t mind now that it’s attached!  It’s much more fun to play with Dad!

Mom and Dad get a good laugh out of me zooming too!  They can't believe that after playing so hard with my teaser pole I have the energy to zoom around like a mad man!  I fly around the yard like a bullet, zoom through my pet door, fly around the living room, and back outside for more zooming!  I even have energy to zoom around and go flying through my hula hoop - which I really Love to do!

Look!  I can Fly!!

With all this fun, you might find it hard to believe that Mom has rules for me!   Rules!  I have to “Sit/Wait” to get out of my crate, to have my meals put down, and to go through doorways.  I am only allowed in the recliner when Mom or Dad are already sitting in it, but even then I have to wait for permission to jump up.  I try hard to respond to the “Hush” command, but you know how that can go sometimes…  Oh!  Then there is the “Leave it” command, and the famous “Off” command.  Good thing I’m smart enough to learn all these rules!

Mom thinks I would be a great dancer – at least that’s what she says!  I like to walk on two legs - and I have very good balance if I say so myself!  I love to try to jump up for attention, but Mom and Dad tell me I only get scratches with “four on the floor”. 

I have heard Mom and Dad say that compared to how I was when I first came to live with them, I am much better.  Well, of course!  Geesh!  Like I said, I was a cute little puppy!  They have high hopes, though, and think that by the time I’m five or so - hopefully - I will be mature!  Ha!!   I’m not so sure about it…


Wasn’t I a Cute little Puppy?

So, what do you think about how much I have grown?  Look at all that hair!!!  Good thing Mom is a professional groomer!  I usually get bathed, brushed and combed out every week because Mom likes me fuzzy - like a powder puff.  I have lots more hair than a Cairn so Mom and Dad are sure I have some other DNA mixed in there, but my personality is all Cairn all day long, and I’m really thankful that I got a chance to be rescued by the great Volunteers at Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network.

Thank you for helping me celebrate my First Gotcha Year with my Forever Mom and Dad!!!

Read my First Christmas Story:

Read my First Post Adoption post:

Read my Intake story:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!