Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Flashback: The Natural

Written by CP Reenie
Originally posted 11/28/2014 on the Post Adoption Blog
At 9 years old, I'm the baby here!  Mac and Molly are 14!

Foster Mom, PK, I have such good news to tell you!!!

You are Not going to believe this!  Well, actually, maybe you will!

You know, I had that really long, long ride the other day and after we said goodbye and I went off with that nice man, Bill, then I finally met my new Mom.  She brought me home and I met Mac and Molly and Dandi and Allie and Gabby and Ashley and Bridgett and Riley and Grace, and Emma.  I might have forgotten someone, but that was a lot to learn!  Everyone was really excited to meet me and I was really happy to find out that they were all my brothers and sisters now.  Mac was my very special new brother, sticking with me like a guide, making sure I got to meet everyone and see all the fun stuff in the house.  I haven’t decided if I like the sofa or the pretty chair best, so I’m just using them both!  Mom got me a new Winter coat and a new bed and some new toys – it was like Christmas!

So, anyway, the next day Mom took me to the vet to get everything checked out and she found out that I am only nine pounds now!  Taking off a leg is a sort of extreme way to lose weight, and I don’t recommend it, but I have to say that I love the new, trimmer me and I am feeling better and better every day!

I really like this chair, but I Love Mom's lap much better!

Well, the next day Mom took me to the “spa” and got me all spiffed up, and then the next day she took me to “specialty” and emergency vets – really just to show me off, I think.  I mean, I didn’t get poked or prodded or anything, but everyone fussed over me and made me feel very special!

But then something special happened! 

Three little children came out of one of the exam rooms and they were all crying and sad.  They saw me and came over and said their dog had just died, so Mom said if they wanted to sit down, I could visit with them for a while – and that’s what I did!  They sat on the chairs and I jumped right up into their laps and let them all pet me while Mom told them the story of my past and how I lost my leg.  It was very interesting because the Mom and Dad of these three kids were both deaf so Mom had to make signs with her hands.  Mom and I spent about a half hour visiting with this family and by the time they decided they needed to go home, the children were not crying anymore and their Mom and Dad did not have that worried look on their faces.

Mom was very proud of me and told me I was “a natural!”  I guess I’m not 100% sure I know what that means, but I loved being the center of attention, and, even more than that, I really loved that I made everyone feel better - and it took no effort at all!  If that’s what Mom meant, then I agree!

I’m a Natural!

Thank you to the wonderful Volunteers of Col. Potter for rescuing me and giving me the opportunity to spread my wings and discover how easy it is to help others.  Thank you Foster Mom for helping me recover and for believing in me!  You did good!

Reenie enjoying her 1st visit to the Lap Factory!

P.S.  I think I found the Lap Factory!  Mom took me to a new place called "Assisted Living" something or other and you would not believe how many laps I found there!  Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!