Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday Flashback: Teddy Rocks in the Cradle of Forever Love!

Written by Teddy fka CP Sir. Albert
Originally posted 7/4/2014 on the Post Adoption Blog

Teddy fka CP Sir. Albert making himself right at home!

Hi there, Col. Potter Family!  Teddy here!  You probably remember me as CP Sir. Albert, but my Mom and Dad adopted me last October and decided to call me Teddy, I think because I’m so cute like a little Teddy Bear!  I also think my Mom and Dad were a little confused when they adopted me because I’m not really sure if they realize that I’m actually a dog, not their baby?  Not that I’m complaining!  It works out just fine for me!

What a sweet baby!

Mom and Dad adopted me when I was about 6 years old, and I came to them with some bad allergies.  After lots and lots of doctor visits, my Mom and Dad think they are getting me on the right track, and I do feel much better now!  I love my Mom and Dad so much for taking such good care of me, and I show my appreciation by taking my pills with no problems.

Mom and Teddy bundled up to brave the cold Mid-west Winter.
The only thing I think Col. Potter really messed up was that they sent me to a very cold place!  I’m not sure where it is, and I don’t understand why my Mom and Dad would agree to live here, but, boy, did it get cold here!  I had to wear a jacket and booties all Winter when we went outside!  Being the stubborn little Cairn that I am, I showed my disdain for the cold weather by conveniently un-learning all my good potty behaviors.  Yes indeed!  I fixed it so I didn’t have any reason to go out in the cold anymore!

Of course, Mom got wise to what I was doing and started re-training me to go potty outside so I wouldn’t have any excuse.  Actually, it worked in my favor as I got lots and lots of carrots to reward my great behavior.  I did get a little cocky, though, and started to pretend to pee and poo outside just to get carrots.  Worked pretty good at first, but Mom caught on pretty quick and that idea went out the window!  Oh well!


Dad's pillow is just Perfect!
To be honest, however, I’ve been living a pretty good life with Mom and Dad, so I have no complaints.  When I first moved in, Dad had something called “rules” for me and, for example, I wasn’t “allowed” on the couch or in bed.  He-he-he-he!  That didn’t last very long!  Man, do I love to sleep with my Mom and Dad!  When Mommy tells me it’s bed time, I know just what to do: Jump into bed and go straight to Daddy’s spot!  I don’t usually get to stay there too long, but I sure enjoy it while it lasts!


Teddy loves day-care!
Since my parents can’t spend all day every day with me, like I wish they could, they send me to doggy day care at least once a week.  I LOVE day-care!!  As soon as Mommy asks me if I want to go to day-care, I go bonkers!  I can’t help it though!  They have slides, and pools, and people to pet and love on me all day!  Don’t tell my doggy friends, but the ladies at day-care tell me I’m their favorite!  One day when it was rainy at day-care, the vet staff took me into the offices and put me in the break room so they could just play with me - while the other dogs had to play in the kennels all day.  Yup!  Spoiled at home and at day-care!


Teddy just double checking his Dad’s work!
My Mom and Dad must have been pretty bored before they adopted me.  Since I’ve been here, all they ever want to do is hang out with me!!  Whether it’s watching TV, going for walks, or going home to visit family, they want me with them all the time!  I can’t imagine what Mom and Dad did before I arrived, but I’m ok with it.  Being their baby isn’t too bad of a job for a mature little man like me!  Well, maybe “mature” is stretching it a bit!

Yes, all things considered, I’m doing pretty darn good here at my new digs!  Mom and Dad are great – although they could be a little less stingy with the treats!  I’ll give them a little more time and I’m sure they’ll figure it out!

Check out my 1st Post Adoption Post:
 
Check out my Modeling Job (with Mom) for a CP Blog Training Post:
 
Read my Intake Story here:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!