Monday, May 19, 2008

Dina - Monday Morning Update - Written By Her Foster Mom

Good morning, Dina! I opened Dina's crate and managed to clip the leash to her collar. I had to move away from the open crate as far as possible before Dina would come out. She then walked outside with me and peed and pooped like a very good girl. No accidents inside so far!

This morning after her potty trip I didn't fix breakfast immediately. She popped out of her crate and came to the kitchen gate repeatedly which is more than she did all day yesterday.

Dina didn't want to eat with me sitting on the kitchen floor today. I finally got all the way down on my side and pushed the bowl closer to her crate. Then she came part way out and ate. She may have been intimidated due to all the whining, yowling, and fussing from Janna and Berry with backup singing from Gilly who prefer to be in the kitchen when I'm preparing breakfast.

After breakfast she spent a lot of time standing at the gate looking out at her housemates.

We went out for the after breakfast potty and again she peed very readily. It looked obvious to me that she had been "holding it" for her trip outside.

We've heard bits of vocalization from Dina. She's probably objecting to being in the kitchen where she can't see me or the other dogs. Hmmm, make that just the other dogs! She still treats me like I'm poison ivy. :(

I'm thinking of moving her to the hallway where she can see what we are doing in the living room.

I made her appointment to get her stitches out on Friday morning. I sure hope I can get her more comfortable with me before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!