Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Best Christmas Gift Ever-Not Once But Twice!!!

Written by a happy CP adoptive mom


Hi Everyone:

Five years ago just before Christmas I received the greatest gift I've ever gotten. It was a work in progress. It didn't come in a box. There weren't a lot of pieces, yet it still took a very long time to put all the pieces together. It wasn't maintenance free. It could have been called a money pit.

There was always something going wrong with it. Thank God it didn't require batteries. If it had I guess all that I could have said is "There goes the ranch". This gift is habit forming. It pulled me in and captured me completely. I don't know how I could make it through the day without it. This year I was so afraid I would lose it. Like I said, I don't know how I would make it through the day without it. Just now it stretched, straightened it's little feet out in front of it arching it's little back, lifted it's little head, and looked around the room.

Seeing me Cinny smiled and laid her little head back down. Yep, Cinny smiled and there goes my heart. If it weren't for CP and everyone that gives so much of themselves I never would have gotten this most treasured gift...So once again I want to thank everyone for filling my world with so much happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!