Wednesday, February 27, 2008

GiGi Update From Her Foster Mom

When I spoke with the vet technician yesterday she told me how suprised they were at how quickly GiGi bounced back from surgery. If you know this little girl, you wouldn't be surprised .... she shows a lot of tenacity and determination. I was just glad to hear she was doing so well, because her diabetic condition could interfere with her health care.

I went to pick GiGi up at the specialty hospital, and she was brought out with one of those plastic cones around her neck. I almost didn't recognize her. With the cataracts gone, you could actually see her beautiful brown eyes again. My friend, Sandy, told me I'll need to wear shin guards while GiGi's wearing "the cone". Well, we didn't even leave the facility, and I was already assaulted by that thing. It sure didn't hinder GiGi from sniffing around outside though.

We were sent home with 2 different eye drops, an eye ointment and oral anti-inflammatories that need to be given several times a day for 6 weeks or more. I'm getting rather good at administering medications and insulin injections. As long as I bribe her with food, GiGi is a more than willing patient. She seems rather tired from her ordeal, and has been napping peacefully, even with "the cone" on. I'm glad to have her back home with us, safe and sound. She's still not out of the woods yet, but with her dogged determination, I know she will make a complete recovery. We want to thank all of her well-wishers, all of those who prayed for her, and especially those who donated to her eye fund, so that GiGi could have this surgery that will give her back her sight. Thank you from the bottom of GiGi's little heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!