Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tinman's SAFE! by Cairn Catcher Extraordinaire, Susan B.

I'm back from Cookeville, with my 250 unneeded flyers and Vienna sausage bait.. lol. I really did not expect this to be Tinman based on the description of this dirty blond dog that only weighed 7-10 lbs., but there he was, all 17 to 18 lbs. of stinky Cairn!

Brenda of CRUSA met me at the truck stop this morning, and together we waited on Deputy Chris to bring this little dog to us to identify. He said that a man had accidentally caught Tinman in his 'coon trap yesterday using a pork chop for bait. He realized from all the publicity that he probably had that dog that everyone was looking for, so he called his friend, the deputy. Deputy Chris took Tinman (who he called Pork Chop) home and kept him safe all night for us. I took this photo of Brenda grabbing up Tinman and squeezing him tight, as she was weeping with relief. In the background is our hero, Deputy Chris. :) I just love happy endings!

I had to laugh, though. I put Tinman into the wire crate in the back of Brenda's SUV, and the little snot promptly turned and deliberately lifted his leg in all four directions! I didn't tell Brenda. LOL!

Thank you to all of you for your prayers. I do believe in the power of prayer, and with all of us storming heaven, Tinman was surely protected by angels. Thank you, Bonnie, our tireless phone answerer! And Sue B., thanks so much for your help. And a big thank you to Valerie, who contacted the newspaper reporter and got the follow-up printed, which really worked wonders, and arranging for traps in case we got to the point we needed them.

I knew this last tip that was called in yesterday afternoon was a credible sighting of Tinman on the railroad tracks in an area not too far from where he had been lost, and I had contacted Brenda and she was on her way to search for him this weekend. Sure enough, that's exactly where he was caught. I was expecting to be walking the rails all weekend looking for a lost dog, but now I can put my feet up and relax. Woohooo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!