Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Meet Marti, the Newest Kid on the Block - Written By Her Foster Mom

Perhaps you will remember my foster gal Wimogene. Wimogene was surrendered in January to Col. Potter as her owner could no longer care for her and her sister, Martha, due to ongoing health problems. Wimogene and Martha were both 1 year of age at this time.

Marti's owner was a friend of mine and Thursday I received a phone call from another friend of the owner saying that she had suddenly passed away, leaving Martha, now Marti, without a home. My friend's wishes were that if anything happened to her Marti was to come into CP.

I completed the necessary paperwork and now Marti is in my home to be fostered until she finds her forever home. Marti is grieving her owner and clings to me like Velcro. I groomed her this afternoon with the thoughts that all the gentle touching would help her in her grief. I do believe it has helped as she settled down this evening after the four of us went for a little walk. Marti is a darling little gal who still has a lot of puppy in her.

Please welcome this little gal into our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!