Friday, January 9, 2009

Rescue Me!

Written by Terri Onorato

Rescue me not only with your hands but with your heart as well. I will respond to you.

Rescue me not out of pity but out of love. I will love you back.

Rescue me not with self-righteousness but with compassion. I will learn what you teach.

Rescue me not because of my past but because of my future. I will relax and enjoy.

Rescue me not simply to save me but to give me a new life. I will appreciate your gift.

Rescue me not only with a firm hand but with tolerance and patience. I will please you.

Rescue me not only because of who I am but who I'm to become. I will grow and mature.

Rescue me not to revere yourself to others but because you want me. I will never let you down.

Rescue me not with a hidden agenda but with a desire to teach me to trust. I will be loyal and true.

Rescue me not to be chained or to fight but to be your companion. I will stand by your side.

Rescue me not to replace one you've lost but to sooth your spirit. I will cherish you.

Rescue me not to be your pet but to be your friend. I will give you unconditional love.

Rescue me with true love in your heart and I will give you these things all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!