Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Foster Spotlight is On PHYLLO!

UPDATE: We are very pleased to announce that Phyllo has found his forever family! Are you looking for a TERRIFIC TERRIER? Check out our available cairns! Look for Phyllo and other "Happily Ever After" stories on our Post Adoption blog.



Please call me Phyllo or Milo. I come to both names! Let me tell you a bit about who I am.

I have been around the block a time or two, let me tell you. At fourteen years young, I've seen a lot of life. Wait a minute now, I know what you are thinking. Fourteen you say? By golly you're ancient. As a matter of fact, I can keep up with most of the young whipper snappers I live with right now!

I enjoy going for my walks. I also enjoy going for drives in that funny box on wheels! In fact, I want to be involved in whatever it is that you are doing! Unless it's a bath or something undignified!

And here is another great thing about me. I like to sit next to you, or even lay down next to you, but you don't need to have me in your lap to show me you love me. That is for those darned ole excitable puppies! Lots of hugs and kisses aren't needed as I like to be loved from a distance…appreciating my own space.

I am not a barker. I leave that to those silly pups. And while I do go to the door when I have to go outside, I will not lower myself to scratch at the door, or jingle a bell, or give you a bark or a paw signal that I need to go out. So you just need to get used to my routine and when you see me at the door, let me go out to do my duties as a gentleman!

You know, I used to be an only dog. Yep, I had my master to myself. Well, things changed for me and now I am in a house with a gazillion dogs just like me! Now I don't mind all these kids, but it would be nice to have a forever home where it was just me and my master, or one other dog.

One more thing, I do not need toys. I really don't play with them. But I do like a nice bed to nap in the sun and I am always ready for your next adventure. So when you are looking at all those kids, really take a good look at me. I am ready for a dignified forever home where I can get all the love I need without all that gushy stuff! Remember, that is fourteen years young!!!!!!! Your man, Phyllo!

If you are interested in reading more about this special little guy, click here for updates from his foster home.

If you would like to adopt Phyllo, please click the following link: I WANNA ADOPT PHYLLO!

1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!