Saturday, October 10, 2009

Watch Stinger's Puppies on Video!!

Written by Stinger and her puppies' Foster Mom

I "won" a little video camera at the CRAP auction Saturday night (with a little persuasion provided for people not to bid against me so there would be lots of puppy videos). It's a pretty nifty little thing, and is easy to use after I finally got the software to download.

The puppies all have their eyes open, and this morning after putting Stinger out in the ex pen to potty, I went back in to weigh the puppies and change bedding. I started talking, and Shirley Temple just about jumped backwards - she can hear now! I picked her up first and talked to her and what a cute, puzzled expression she had on her face - "this big monster makes NOISE". Slush is the next largest, and when I made kissy noises at him, he wiggled his ears listening. Swizzle and Fizz are the smaller, and so far they're not reacting to sounds. They were about 24 hours behind the two butterballs in eyes opening, so I expect tomorrow they'll be hearing, too. They weigh between 17 and 22 ounces. All four of them have been seen sitting, not just laying, and they're also taking a few steps on all fours instead of constantly scooting. I can't believe how active they are for just 17 days old! They're growing up too quickly!

So far, there's really no puppy breathe, but you do have to watch for puppy poo my husband wants to know if I squeeze them as they seem to squirt me every time I pick them up and it's really slimey, sticky, and stinky!

Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!