Friday, January 21, 2011

Bella settles in to her new life!

Submitted by Mariah's foster mom nka Bella on behalf of her adoptive mom

Note from CP's Blogger: For those of you who wonder whether or not you should adopt a 'secondhand' cairn, this is a wonderful example of a little girl cairn who made the most of her second chance!


My last little foster, Mariah, now Bella, was adopted by a wonderful couple on Oct. 30, 2010. I received this attached letter from Bella's new mom today. I thought you all would enjoy the letter.




Dear Col. Potter:

Hi. We adopted "Mariah" from Col. Potter Rescue several weeks ago. Her Foster Mom called her "Bella” so that is the name we call her since she answers to "Bella". Before we adopted her we were told she has "problems" she bites and is very timid with people. She especially loves men and is very wary with women.

We took her home with us and much to our delight she is a wonderful, fun, loving dog. We drove her from her foster mom’s house in a crate. She rode in the car with us for 2 and 1/2 hrs. Never a peep from her; she was quite content in the car and slept a lot of the way. When we arrived at our home we opened the cage and she jumped from the car and ran into the house, her tail wagging and happy as could be. She ran around the house sniffing and smelling each room and made herself at home. We had bowls set up for her in the kitchen with water and food, she found those and chowed down.

We were told she might regress and hide under the bed and bite us if we tried to pick her up. Yes, of course I had to reach for her to pick her up and she nipped at my hand breaking the skin no big deal I told her "no Bella its okay we love you".
That night she slept with us and licked our faces to show how happy she was. I was very confident we could make friends with her, to trust us and know we would never hurt her.

Her foster parents and I cried when we left their home. They loved her and were sad to see her leave but knew we were going to give her a "loving home" and she would be a lucky dog to be with us.

She has made our lives so blessed. She is so sweet and runs around the yard so happy to be here with us. The neighbors have bought her "presents" and she is getting so spoiled...she loves them also and is not one bit shy with them.

Right now I am on the computer and she is laying on the chair next to me very content. She loves to go out in the car with us and as soon as we open the door to the garage and car she jumps in ready to go..

I gave her a shower with me and she was fine with that, I brushed her and cut the hair around her face and she is fine with it....not growling or teeth baring.

I am so happy with her and hope others will take in loving pets from "Col. Potter Rescue". The volunteers are unbelievable and care so much about the pets you would like to adopt. I am so impressed with the whole group of people I have had the privilege of knowing thru the emails. They are dedicated people who love the "rescue dog". I will become one of them.


If you would like to learn more about all of the cairns available for adoption through Col. Potter, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!