Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Tuesday Tails: A special note from Hayden

Hayden

Hi Foster Mom Jo,

This is Hayden. I have asked Forever Dad to help me write to you. It has almost been a year since I left your care as a foster. You were kind enough to take me in at a time that was very confusing for me. I was taken out of a life I hated but knew no other. I was unhappy, but knew no other life. You changed that for me and started me on a whole new life journey. I just felt I needed to say "Thank you." 

I know my time with you wasn't very long, but during that time you gave me love, attention and a sense of belonging. For that I will always be grateful. In many ways, I was sad when I found out you were giving me up. I thought I had found a new, safe home forever. Little did I know that day that the long ride I took would lead to a whole new life, a life I love and in which I am very happy.

My new life with Forever Dad and Forever Mom has been quite a journey. Both of them love me very much and treat me like I have been with them forever. Dad and I are special buddies. He keeps telling me we are on a journey that will never end. That is kind'a neat 'cause I never know what to expect and it is kind'a exciting not knowing what is next. Dad has taught me things like parameters which are like boundaries of what is expected of me. I like that because he rewards me for good behavior. One thing I really like is the special one-on-one time Dad and I spend together. During those times Dad talks to me and makes a special effort to make sure I feel safe, secure and especially loved. 

When I said that Dad and I were on a journey, I guess it could be taken many ways. As you will remember, I use to get sick any time I rode in the car. Well, you should be very proud of me. Dad and Mom have taken me on so many short trips that I no longer get sick when I travel. I rode all the way to Colorado and didn't get sick even once. Am I good or what? 

Dad has gained my trust and confidence so much that I will let him brush my teeth and groom me now. Of course I do expect a little treat after all of that. And, whenever I come in from the run, I head straight to the grooming table so Dad can wipe my feet. I just love the attention I am getting. 

Foster Mom Jo, I am happy, loved, and very well cared for and it is all because you took the time to make sure I landed in the right home. I know I was sad and unhappy when I left you, but you were wise and made a good decision in your selection. 

Thank you for loving me while I was in your care.

Always,
Hayden

Hayden celebrates his 4th forever day



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!