Monday, March 23, 2009

ALERT! CP Infested With Two Bugs!

Written by CP's VP of Intakes

Now that I have your attention ... don't panic ... you won't need insect repellent and your computers don't have a new virus! The two bugs are new members of the family!

These two made their way to safety and freedom from an auction in Missouri Saturday. Normally, those that attend the auction get the honor to name the furkids they helped to get to freedom, but yesterday was different. When I received the phone call that we had gotten a "couple" - a male and a female - I had a surprise up my sleeve, or should I say a bug or two up my sleeve. You all know about the Name a PM Kid Program where you can donate to name a PM kid in memory or honor of someone, or just because. Well, I had a "couple" of bug names just waiting for the right time!

Please help me welcome our Bug Couple:

Katydid: F, DOB 1/5/06, wheaten with tipped ears - name donated by Jerusha H. - daughter of Kathy H. for Kathy's birthday. Kathy and Jerusha have been scheming for a bug themed group for some time.



Beetle: M, DOB 1/27/06, wheaten - name donated by a CP member who wishes to remain anonymous but wanted to honor and say Thank You for what Kathy and Barney H. do to help the furkids. I had told this person about Jerusha's gift and they decided to honor Barney with his own "bug" name.



These two are just "cute as two bugs in a rug" just like the two special people they are named in honor of. My thanks to Kathy and Barney H. for making the trip to the auction on short notice, sending in the pictures and bathing and grooming our little bugs before taking them to the vet. Also, my thanks to Jerusha and our anonymous donor for their generosity and helping to make freedom a possibility for Katydid and Beetle! Welcome Bug Couple ... we won't be swatting you away (sorry just couldn't resist)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!