Thursday, November 18, 2010

Foster Rosso's aka (Trusty-Rusty) latest adventure!

Written by Rusty's foster Mom


Nope - he didn't escape, and no he hasn't killed any more critters (though a mouse had a near miss last week when hubby flushed one out hiding under the bird bath).....while I was walking him this morning he stuck his muzzle into a clump of burrs. The little itty bitty ones that stick to everything....especially doggy fur. I didn't see it happen but on the way back (we were in a field next to the house) he rubbed his face on the ground.

I thought he found something stinky! When we got back in the house I was giving him his biscuit and see the little nasties all around his mouth and nose. Yikes - right down to the skin. Amazingly (after I put him on the washing machine) he let me pull each one off. There was no way to cut them out b/c it was too close to his eyes and not even enough room to get the scizzors underneath. I was afraid I would be sending out an SOS for ideas to get these off of him!

I think I know where he found them so we will be avoiding that corner from now on.

It's never a dull day with Trusty-Rusty in the house.

Russo is being fostered in Michigan. You can click here to find out more about him or the many cairns that CP has available for adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!