Friday, November 24, 2017

Flashback Friday: Trigger Celebrates Two Years in Forever!

Written by CP Trigger
Originally posted 11/30/2014 on the Post Adoption Blog
CP Trigger enjoying two years Forever in Maine!
Howdy, flatlanders!  What’s that, Mom?...  Oh, ok…  Well, I guess you all might not qualify for that nickname.  I’ve been a Down Easter now for two full years, but I guess I still have some things to learn.

Anyway, you might call me a “Maniac” now, but I prefer “Down Easter” – even though some people think you have to be born here to get that title!  I don’t know where I was born, though, so I think I get a pass on this one.  See, Col. Potter rescued me way back in July, 2012, and sent me up to the wilds of Minnesota.  My skin and coat were in really bad shape, but after Foster Mom got my coat all ship-shape and healthy, Mom adopted me and flew me over to Maine.  It is just about the same kind of weather here, though Mom says the Atlantic Ocean gives us a little better range of temperature than at Foster Mom’s house.

Winter is still a great time to hunt…
…but Spring, Summer, and Fall are much better!
She might have a point because I do get more hunting time out here in the yard, even in the Winter.   Mom is always watching me, of course, so I don’t ever really get to catch anything, but it sure is fun to chase squirrels and chipmunks – and to dig big holes!  I also get to go to the beach sometimes!
I love to go to the beach with Mom!
Sometimes Mom lets me come to work with her, and I go to meetings and sit patiently in a chair, just like a real executive.  That’s OK, but what I really love is to go to dog camp once a week and play with all of my dog buddies!  Of course, I have my BFF Titan at home to cuddle up with, and that’s special too.
It’s nice to have a Special BFF, even if it’s a cat named Titan!
I am so happy that Col. Potter Volunteers were there to help me when I needed help.  Between Foster Mom and my very own Mom, I truly, truly know what it is like to be very well loved and cherished!
Read my Intake Story here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!