Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Yowie, the Cairn Sasquatch

My name is Yowie! I have been told that a “yowie” is an Australian Sasquatch. That name was given to me by Colonel Potter.

My best friend and partner who came with me to our first CP foster home was actually named Sasquatch. H-m-m-m…. Funny names!
Sassie (left) and Yowie (right)

Sasquatch, or "Sassie" for short, was the love of my life. We had a good life in our foster home until one day someone came and took Sassie away. I heard that her new family already had a male dog and couldn't take me too. I was so sad and sometimes I misbehaved because of that.

Eventually I was sent to a new foster home in Missouri. My foster mom was pretty strict and tried to teach me better behavior skills. Ohhh man, that was hard. I spent a lot of time in the X-Pen. One cold and rainy day, my foster mom bundled me up and took me back to the airport. I had no idea where I was going. There were a few mishaps along the way like when they left me sitting outside the airplane when it took off... yeah, tell me about it!

But I got to spend that night at a really cool doggie spa. The next day, I made it on the plane and finally got off in some place called "Seattle." All I could wonder was what would happen next.

Two people picked up my crate and put me in a car. OMG ….. in the car was my best buddy Sassie! We were together again! I could not believe it! Nothing could have made me happier.

We got to our new forever home and Sassie helped me to be a better dog. What fun we had together. I have since lost Sassie and as sad as that is, I now have a new friend …. a cute little CP girl named Izzy (aka Yaquina).

I am king of the castle in my forever home. I do share nicely with Izzy even though she steals my treats if I don't eat them fast enough. I have other friends in the neighborhood and two big parks for walking and smelling. I am considered a true gentleman in my old age of 14 years. Thank you so much Col Potter. And thank you Laurel, Robin and Suzanne for your help along my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!